I have an abundance of things in my life. Right now that includes candy. Halloween is always a fun time to dress up and eat too much candy. Right now my balanced breakfast includes a side of mini snickers. Yes, I know that’s not healthy. But that candy bowl isn’t going to empty itself and well…I have to save my dog from eating chocolate.
My dog has consumed chocolate twice in her lifetime so far. Once she was about 6 months old and she ate a pack of chocolate pudding mix I left in a grocery bag. Luckily the pudding wasn’t pure chocolate, so I just had a dog with WAY TOO MUCH ENERGY for a few hours. It’s was ridiculous, my dog ran circles around the house and looked out every single window until she crashed from her sugar high. Which wasn’t that long because she was tiny back then. To give you an idea of her behavior, here is a cute video of someone’s husky playing in leaves:
The second time my dog ate chocolate, she discovered the joys of cupcake icing in a can. I didn’t think my dog would get into a sealed can, but the nose knows! She chewed open the plastic can of Betty Crocker icing and once again ran around the house, jumped on all the furniture, and peeked out all the windows. I am fortunate enough to have a large dog who won’t die from a small amount of milk chocolate. I am also well versed in the signs of chocolate poisoning in dogs. I also don’t typically buy pure chocolate.
Hopefully my abundant bowl of candy will be finished before too much damage is done to my waistline. I’m not interested in an abundance of waistline.
Or I could just act like my dog and run around the house for a few hours. That would help.